As of August 7, I've been posting on my personal blog for a year. A few times I would forget to post, like yesterday, but I've done better than I had expected. I went back to read what I had said that day and the next. Click Here if you want to read it. Funny, it appears I haven't really improved in a year. No agent, no first sale, not even a final in a contest.
I almost kept my promise not to enter more than five. I entered six. Better than the year before when I entered fourteen. Sure I finaled in two in 2008, but that's so few. Of course, I was happy one editor requested a partial. Though she later rejected it. But seven of those from last year announced finalists this year. That's a lot of heart break. And a lot of wasted money.
You're probably thinking, "Wow, that's a lot of advice." Problem is, just a few of the comments were consistent. If you read my blog regularly, you've probably seen some of my rants.
Anyway, time's running out and I had promised to have an agent or first sale by the end of the year. Time to get back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment