Friday, August 28, 2009

Thankful Friday

After reading a certain news article today, I'm determined to think of something totally positive to be thankful for as I want to lighten my mood.

I'm thankful for movies. I love watching romantic comedies, sci-fi's, adventures, period pieces and westerns. Ocassionally, I'll watch a thriller or suspense. I avoid horror and "making a statement" films. Movies are a way to escape from life for a couple hours.

I especially love watching old movies from the 40's. The clothes, men in fedoras, hmmm. Would I like living back then? Goodness, no. Just like visiting for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Have you watched "Rear Window" lately? I LOVE that movie. Grace Kelly's clothes are amazing. When she opens up that tiny little black case and all that fluff pops out -- awesome! hahaha!

    I'm sorry something happened to darken your mood.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't believe I've watched that movie. I know it's a classic.

    ReplyDelete