Probably everyone is the same way, but every time I have a lengthy conversation with a new acquaintance, that night or/and the next day, I dwell on every word and wonder if I sounded boastful, stupid, rude, crude or a know-it-all. During the whole time, I say to myself to be myself and not care. If they like you, they'll like you. Otherwise, nothing you can do will make a difference. Like every human in the world (who's normal) wants to be liked. But I promised myself years ago to always be natural, not degrade myself just to make another feel better about themselves and then I'll know who my real friends are.
At the same time, I love meeting people and though they may not agree with my point of view of everything, I don't have a problem with it. That's why the world is such a great place. Everyone has different experiences that shape their thought patterns. Every time they disagree with me, I learn something new. It's a shame others don't view it that way.
I sometimes drive myself crazy second guessing how I come across to other people.
ReplyDeleteBut, don't you worry - if you're as lovely as you come across on you blog (and I'm sure you are) then I know everyone you meet will adore the natural you.
Thanks for saying so, Suzanne.
ReplyDelete