Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Contests!

Well, I got the scores back from the last contest I entered this year.

So far this year, six entries and five of them with one manuscript. Most of the scores were as high as you can get, but one judge would always keep me out. Just like in this latest contest.

This last contest confused me. They said they dropped the lowest. So that means my total was 19 out of 20 overall. But I didn't final. I guess the others were all 20's. Plus one of the judges gave me two 10's and one 9, and giving it an overall 9. Huh?

This is so why I hate contests. Well, that and how it depresses me.

Now it's time for me to concentrate on sending out my manuscripts to the people whose opinion really matters.

6 comments:

  1. Now it's time for me to concentrate on sending out my manuscripts to the people whose opinion really matters.

    EXACTLY!

    There are tons of writers who've gone on to sell many books who never finaled in any contests. Just as there are tons of writers who final and win tons of contests, but never sell their books.

    Focus on what you can control: Writing the best damn books in the biz and sending them to the people who matter -- editors and agents.

    And never, never, never give up.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn said it all...so I guess I'll say, DITTO!

    :D

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, so true, so true. Thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jennifer, you're such a sweetheart. Back at ya!

    ReplyDelete