Saturday, August 15, 2009

Third Place

If you've ever gone to my website and clicked on What Books? you'll see a list of the contests I've finaled in. Nothing consistent, but I have to say at least I got a few finals. One thread you'll see is that I usually place third.

In fact, at work last year, I placed third in most shipments (fifth in the most sales dollars) out of twenty-three customer service representatives.

Now, I wasn't telling you this to impress anyone. Really. But to point out I hit third place in a lot of stuff. I think of it like this: if I were number three on the New York Times best seller list, I would be celebrating big time.

So third place isn't always bad.

4 comments:

  1. Just think of all the people who never make it to third...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Trisha. But I'm greedy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Suzanne, I promised it's nothing to be impressed about. Maybe one day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete