Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thunderstorms In The South

All day the weather reports talked about storms. As I left work, it was dark and sprinkling. On the interstate driving home, there's a section where you can see a good bit of the horizon. As I reached that section, I could see the edge of the storm outlined with the lighter clouds in the distance. The rain was coming down so thick it looked like streaks of gray paint against the sky. It was beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds amazing. I adore thunderstorms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too. Other people become afraid when it thunders. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vivid picture indeed you've painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, gaelikaa. When I was a kid, my mom would let me play in the rain as long as there wasn't any lightning of course. :-) Me and water had a thing going on during my childhood.

    ReplyDelete