Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holiday Weekend

Well, I guess I took yesterday off. When I woke up around 6 a.m., (I said woke, not necessarily got up) the thought hit me. I FORGOT TO POST! LOL! I thought about it only once yesterday, but that was it, just thought about it. :0D

After listening to the news about all the fatal shootings, bloody noses (my daughter's friend actually saw two women go at it over an Elmo doll) and other craziness, I'm always happy I don't participate in the mad rush to the stores. Frankly, I can't think of anything I need that bad or want to save money on that much. One of the things I've learned, if someone wants something in particular, most of the time you can go direct to the manufacturer (Apple) or find another brand with the same design (child's bed) on-line.

I did go to a couple stores this morning -- my husband twisted my arm...really -- and one of the stops was Lowes (see, only guys go there to Christmas shop). Anyway, I saw a wonderful sale on a washer/dryer combination at near to half price. I want them so bad, but my washer and dryer are okay. I did say something about giving my old ones to my daughter in college, but she's not moving into a rental house until next year. Her apartment isn't set up for them. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment