At our last writers group meeting, one of our authors, Laura Hayden, gave us pointers on putting a story collage together to help you in writing a new book. She has such energy and imagination and I knew whatever she came up with I would probably have a good time doing it.
I did. It was loads of fun. We all were laughing, teasing each other about the pictures we were looking for out of the ton of magazines we all brought. And the hour or so we had set aside to do it flew by.
Well, tonight I came across my collage and I found myself energized by it and I can't wait to start writing the story. So doing a collage works!
I LOVE doing collages, hehe. Just give me any excuse to do one I will. I remember my senior year of high school, I was hosting an event on our Poetry and Illustration club and I had everyone do collages for me to take away to college. They were so nice and funny,I put them up on my dorm room and looked at them everyday to remember all the people back home that loved me. I still have them too. :D
ReplyDeleteI had also gone through a period where I would do a collage once a week and put it on my wall...and that way I could see how my emotions changed overtime.