Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What A Start!

After several days of rain, this afternoon turned out to be beautiful. Hopefully it will continue as my writers group's Christmas party is Saturday. People are more likely to show up on pretty days. 

Monday as I drove into work, I noticed a police car had pulled over a driver. The driver hadn't completely pulled off the road. Half the car was blocking the right lane of a four lane highway. After I had passed the cars and was about to top the hill, I saw a man huddled in a light jacket with a knit cap pulled over his ears walking along the road down toward the cars. In one hand was a plastic jug with what looked like gas. Then I realized the officer hadn't pulled the guy over, but the fellow had ran out of gas half way up the hill. The officer was most likely tagging the car to be towed and protecting others from running into it. So that poor fellow had ran out of gas, walked in the rain a 1/2 mile to the gas station and was returning to find his car being ticketed. Geez! I felt so sorry for him. That was one hell of a way to start the week.