Sunday, November 20, 2011

Me Shy?

For those who know me, know that I'm not shy. I try not to be loud and obnoxious and hopefully I'm not. But when it comes to talking to strangers, I usually have no problem. For example, today I needed some padded envelopes to mail out more books that commenters had won. So I visited the local Wal-Mart.

I try my best to not go there more than six times a year. Why? Because 1) the store is more often than not crowded, 2) there is so much to choose from, you spend more than you plan, and 3) it takes freaking forever to get out of there.

Well, there I go before the church crowd arrives. The store wasn't crowded. Score one for Carla. Then I go straight to the office supplies and pick up several inexpensive bubble padded envelopes. Score two for Carla. She's going to make it out of the store in record time with only what she needs!

Yeah, right.

Beings a book-aholic, I stopped to see what was on the shelves. Two ladies were talking about what they love to read. Suspense with romance in it. LOL!

Something I do often whenever I'm near books, I point out Deborah Webb's and Paula Graves's books and tell the ladies they both live in Alabama. They're excited. I then tell them of a few more authors (Lynn Raye Harris) who write other genres. Of course, before you know it, I pull out my bookmarks and hand one to each lady. And I also tell them about our luncheon (FREE BOOKS!).

You know, it's fun talking to people who love books, especially romance ones. :-)

Oh, you're wondering, did I score three? Nope. In fact, I was in such a good mood afterwards, I went back through the store and picked up several things "I needed" and finally got out of there two hours later. No. I won't tell you how much I spent, but it was more than I had planned.