Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Food And That Four Letter Word

While I was at the conference this past weekend, I heard my buddies talk about how they dreaded weighing afterwards as all of the good food they were serving and the wonderful dessert reception they had Friday night. I ignored their grumblings because as most of you know, I have a bit of a weight problem (Southern understatement here).

I did eat dessert Friday night, one slice of cheese cake, and all of my meals including the bread. Then when I got back home I faced the music...in this case, the scales. Surprise, suprise! I lost 3 lbs. How did I do this? By all the walking I did going from the room to the elevator, from the elevator to the meeting rooms, standing around, etc. I get more excerise at conferences than I do at home or work. Normally I'm sitting to do my job, sitting to work on my manuscripts, sitting to watch TV or movies or play games on my computer. Yes, I'm shameless. I play games on my at-home-work computer.

It's hard to believe I actually do restrain myself from eating everything I like. Goodness, if I didn't, I would be fork-lift-me-out-of-the-house big. But it's time I get serious about doing the deed. You know, that four letter word we all whisper at one time or another.

DIET.