Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And The Moral Of The Story Is?

I love writing books that have a moral to the story. Thought I don’t intentionally plan to write the book that way. Yet I find myself looking at the book after I finish writing and realizing I’ve done it again. Most of my books have something to do with family. Usually that part narrows down to you look after family no matter the cost or endure your family’s faults because they’re the only one you have. But those aren’t the morals I’m talking about of course.

For example in the PREACHER’S SON, now titled PROTECTING MARY, the moral of the story is don’t base your opinion on hearsay as appearances can be misleading. Or like a old cliché, don’t judge a book by its cover.

In a SHERIFF TO CALL HER OWN, the moral is breaking the law won’t help you find justice. Or the cliché for it is two wrongs don’t make a right.

I could keep on but you get the idea. Of course, every book I write has an overall moral. Love conquers all.