Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And Reviews Begin

Today, was my release date for Circle of Desire. So much fun and so many people wishing me well. There are a lot of kind people in this industry.  But I'm also aware starting this evening, I will find a mix of good and cruel people. What do I mean? Well, tomorrow people will start adding their reviews to different sites about my book. (Thank goodness for RT Book Reviews', I think I can handle almost anything.) Some will love it and some will hate it.

Why do I think the latter? Because my book has intense emotions and subjects in it. Some readers will feel uncomfortable with them. They will not "grade" it by how well it's written (no, I don't think it's literary art), e.g, plot, characterization, etc., but instead of saying it's not their cup of tea, they'll attack it and be ugly.  I've seen too many authors done that way, and it was books I loved.  So I don't expect anything different. No one is above it.  Too many different tastes out there.

Thanks to the Good Lord for that.