Saturday, October 23, 2010

Girls vs Boys

Being a mother of two girls, I never worried about bringing up a boy. I can’t tell you how many times I would have female friends and acquaintances with only boys who would say ignorant things like “I wouldn’t know what to do with a girl.” Goodness, ladies. You were a girl once. What did you like to do? Well, girls still like those things.

Girls are easy to deal with. Yes, they’re hormonal but you are too. So you know to either hug them or leave them alone. Yes, some slimy boy can get them pregnant and walk away. But that’s where you educate them in the ways of boys and men and sex. Yes. You do have to talk with them and teach them to be ladies. I’ve never understood the world’s belief that raising girls were any harder than boys. At least with a girl, I don’t have to worry about her growing up to be a serial killer. Think. White men are more likely to be one than a woman. I don’t have to worry about her being an alcoholic (men are the greater percentage), walking away from their kids (men continue in the larger share) or beat their husbands (what do you think?).

Sure the parents of girls normally have to buy more clothes (boys are known to wear the same outfit for days), purchase cars (most boys have to work for theirs, but they are also notorious for making more money even at part-time jobs), or pay for weddings (the boys’ pay for rehearsal and rent a tux…whoopee-do). But then for boys, they crash their cars and the insurance goes up and they get tickets and insurance goes up. We can go on and on, but you get the idea.

It’s all in the way you look at it. Right?

I will say no matter girl or boy, children are wonderful. Well, my children are. Don’t know about yours. LOL!