Thursday, July 1, 2010

Too Much Yeast!

My simple repair to my finished paranormal has grown and grown until it has taken a life of its own. I took out the first three chpaters and rewrote parts of the fourth (now first) chapter. That way the readers would know who is who and what the heck is going on. By doing that, the relationship of the two main characters has morphed into a more interesting one. I never realized how deleting (actually cutting and saving elsewhere) three chapters can make such a change. I know I mention that the other day, but I'm still amazed.

I'm in the new chapter three (use to be six) and decided to change the POV from the girl's to the guy's. Plus I plan to add a scene where their lives are in jeopardy. I think it will spice up the book and keep it from dragging until they get to the cave scene. That's the scene my beta readers claim the story really shot off. Considering that's like three-quarters (before I deleted the first three chapters) into the book, I knew I needed to do something.

Only thing is, I have to finish this book before I go to Orlando. Then I can give it to my beta readers and ask them to read it again. Or to my critique partners. We'll see who has time and doesn't mind rereading it. Poor things.