Saturday, July 17, 2010

Crash, Burn!

The night before my birthday, my laptop decided it didn't want to work anymore. Luckily I had downloaded my recent manuscripts to a loop I use for that purpose. So those are safe, but I can't tell how much more I need off that machine. My emails. I need them. I manage a blog for my writers' group and all the email addresses are saved there along with some bios I had them send to me. Geez! This is such a pain. Thankfully I still have my trusty desk stop. Only thing is it's so slooowww.

Well, luckily (again) my laptop is still under warranty. I was smart enough to purchase an extended warranty will I bought it 2-1/2 years go. Hard to believe it has been that long. Dell is sending a new harddrive out. I can only hope it works and I don't have to go to Orlando without it.

Still I feel like the laptop betrayed me. I treated it so well and then it decided not to work or give me some clue that it was going to breakdown, anything! Must be male. :-)