Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Positively

I’ve been thinking about my decision last year of living a positive life. It didn’t quite work out. No finals. Plenty of requests but no sales. I thought I did everything right. Paid my registration and even bought my airline ticket for the conference in DC with the positive thought I would final in the Golden Heart and/or sale beforehand and have a pink ribbon on my name badge. Paying my registration and airline ticket along with expenses and hotel costs wasn’t a planned budget last year. Because of doing that, I had to cancel the conference I really wanted to go to the following October. So last year was a real bust and my positive outlook hit rock bottom.

Of course, here is where I should say, I must not have really thought positively or it would’ve worked. Weeelll, it’s not that simple. I did think positive and do most of the time. That’s why it hurts so bad when things don’t work out.

Have I depressed the crap out of you yet? That’s not really what this post is about. Not about being a downer but keeping the hope alive. Being positive isn’t easy. But what’s the use of being positive if I’m not willing to walk the walk, talk the talk. Okay. You’re now saying, when the heck is she getting to the point.

The point is, keeping a positive outlook is not the only way to get what you want. You have to believe it deep inside. So deep that you no longer have doubts it will happen. It’s more of when and let the Lord handle the how. I’ll keep working hard at improving. I'm more relaxed now because I will be published one day.