I've been so cautious the last few years to look inside the covers of the books I pick up. Especially those I haven't planned to buy. You know, you're in a book store and see something interesting or you unexpectedly come across a book from one of your favorite authors. Yeah. You're probably already guessing what I did.
I thought, "Oh boy! A new book I didn't know was coming out!" So I buy it and a few days later I sit down to read it and bam! It hits me that I've already read it. I look at the copyright page and there it is, printed in 1999. And it happens to be one of my favorites from the author. Geez! What can I say? Most titles sound alike and the cover is different. Oh, well. I'll read it again anyway and then give it to someone.
No comments:
Post a Comment