Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ahhh! That's it!

I'm reading one of the books from my TBR pile. Not sure if I got it at the luncheon last year or one of the conferences (last year or this), but it's been okay. At first I told myself I've read the book before. I kept guessing what would happen next. The names, locations, and conflict was so familiar. But I looked at the copyright page and it had a first print from 2008. I had thought it might be a paperback of the e-books I had a flashdrive. Wrong publisher. But I went ahead and checked. Out of 118, there wasn't one with that title and the ones with werewolves didn't read like it.

Finally, I came to the conclusion I judged it in a writers contest. But which contest? It came to me that it was the Golden Heart. Why? Because it's the only contest I've judged with 55 pages (including synopsis). When I got to around page fifty of the book, I couldn't guess what happened next. So that would be about right. Sorta.

This was a first for me. I've never come across a book I've judged in a contest and I've judged quite a few.

1 comment: