Monday, September 21, 2009

Hi! My Name's Carla

While growing up, I felt fortunate to have a name different from so many of my classmates. There were plenty Debbies/Debbys, Janets/Janices, Lindas/Lyndas, and Kathys/Cathys. Not until I was a pre-teen did I meet another Carla. She was beautiful and 2-3 years older than me.

It wasn't until I became an adult I met another person with my name, but she spelled it Karla. Then CHEERS came on the air and the notorious barmaid, Carla Tortelli. The character was rude, hateful, promiscuous and had (duh!) eight children. I like to think I'm none of those things.

During the eleven years (especially the last five) it was on the air, occasionally a customer of mine would ask over the phone, "Are you like Carla on CHEERS?" NO!

Thankfully, there's now another famous Carla. She's beautiful and talented. Sadly, no one ask if I'm like her. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, no doubt she, beautiful, sexy! Just don't ask Jerry Hall about that husband stealin' woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. It appears I'm nothing like her. LOL!

    ReplyDelete