Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Really, Not A Fan

On the TV in my "study" (another word for spare bedroom), there are around 60 channels. Downstairs, on the larger TV, there are easily 200, but that's my hubby's domain. Anyway, on the smaller set, twice I've tried to find something different but funny. I love romantic comedies. Go figure. LOL! But all I found were dramas or ones I've seen.

As I flipped through the channels, I came across one reality show after another. I know lots of people watch them, thus the plethora of reality shows. (Note the new $50 word I used.) My buddy at work likes AMAZING RACE. My sister-in-law loves SURVIVOR. Others watch BIG BROTHER or PROJECT RUNWAY. I don't care for anything even remotely close to those...nope. Not for me.

Yet I will admit the only reality show I like to watch is WIPEOUT. Yep. A real game show. That's the only one. Give me slap-stick. I'm Just wired that way. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I can't stand reality shows either, Carla. I have watched a grand total of three: The Real Gilligan's Island (a g-rated version of Survivor--it didn't last), Colonial House (on PBS--it was quite interesting), and recently, I've watched a few episodes of Dating in the Dark (I started watching this after reading Diane's blog about it--the psychology is very interesting).

    My beef is that, for most of these "reality" shows, there's very little realism. The participants are degraded, manipulated, paid to do stupid things, and probably scarred for life. I especially find something called "Wife Swap" abhorrent. It's quite the commentary on what our world has come to.

    You're right. There's nothing on TV these days. Let's read a book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loathe Big Brother and am so pleased that it's just been announced the next series will be the last on UK tv. Also agree with JoAnn that Wife Swap is vile. But, I do like Coach Trip (where seven couples take a trip across mainland Europe in a coach) and Come Dine With Me (each contestant takes a turn at hosting a dinner party). Other than that, give me Frasier any day over the rubbish they tend to broadcast.

    ReplyDelete