Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Books, Books, Books

Miscellaneous comments about books.

I've gotten my TBR pile down to a reasonable number by giving many of them away. I'm so proud.

You should see my study though. Paper and books everywhere. I hate that it's so messy. No. I won't take a picture. I'm too ashamed.

On another blog I was reading about someone in Florida planning to burn the Quran in protest of 9/11. Sheez! Don't take it out on the book. Instead live a good Christian life and that'll show them.

The only time I've destroyed a book was when the cover and blurb claimed it was a romance but they lied. It did have a romance in it, but when the hero and heroine got back together after whatever conflict kept them apart, the heroine died. Yep. You read it right. DIED! She freaking died! I had invested several days in reading this fat ass novel and the woman died in the end. I didn't shed one tear. Instead I tore it in half and threw it away. I can tell you I've never done anything like that before or since.

Nowadays, I make sure my romances end happy with the two main characters alive, in love, and making love like crazed monkeys.