Sunday, September 19, 2010

Writing Cave

You've heard of a Man Cave, right? You know, where a guy can go and watch sports on a big screen TV and drink beer and fart without worry of offending the women in the household.

Well, today I read an advertisement about a Mom Cave. If I remember correctly, it was for decorating supplies. Anyway, I thought it was a great thought. My hubby has given his Man Cave to me. Isn't that sweet? I didn't nag or bother him. It was his idea.

Hmmm. What does he want? What has he done wrong? No. No. No. :sigh: Whatever it was, I'm benefiting and I won't look a horse in the mouth.

I don't think I'll call it a Mom Cave as I no longer have any little ones at home. So let's call it a Writing Cave. It's where I will get inspired and maybe even write or revise my first published book. Hey, I have nine completed books I can work with. Or is that ten? I can't remember anymore.

I'm so excited and ready to move in. He's painted the walls a light golden yellow (like honey). It has French doors on both ends with white trim. So plenty of light to energize me. He's putting in loads of shelves for books. When it's done, I'll post a picture of it.

After he finishes that room, we're (I'll supply money and a few opinions, but he keeps me away as he likes to be in control) redoing the main bath. Can't wait for that too!