Monday, April 5, 2010

Crazy Week

Last week was crazy. As I mentioned in one of my posts, I had hurt my foot. Bruised the heck out of it. Thankfully not broken. How did I do it? I decided to clean out the attic with my youngest one's help a week ago Sunday. As we were bagging up ten years of toys and clothes, we noticed a spot on the flooring was soft. It probably got wet when a window was opened. Anyway, we had finished up the attic and I was moving a box to the opposite end of the room when the floor gave out. Only one leg went through the flooring and the living room ceiling. Yes. Living room ceiling. About one foot from the fan and all of the electric wiring.

The leg that went through the flooring/ceiling was brusied up where my thigh stopped my descent, but it was the other foot that took the worse of the punishment. It had to go somewhere when my leg was getting shorter. It twisted and for the next several days I had some interesting and colorful bruises.

To top it off, I had inhaled so much dust, I now have a sinsus infection that's driving me nuts.

Oh, and the Saturday before I got motivated to clean the attic, I received a rejection letter from Harlequin. Ain't that special?