Friday, January 23, 2009

Thankful Friday

If you read my post yesterday (the one with the celebrating potato, at least I think it's a potato), you know I finished adding the words I needed. Well, today, I finished fleshing out some scenes and clarifying some plot points I felt was missing. So I ended up with 750 more words than I needed. YEAH! So I'm thankful I'm finished and now the manuscript goes out to my readers -- these are sweet people who are not writers, just readers, and they'll willingly read it and let me know where I messed up.

I'm also thankful for my friend Diane Richmond. Hi, Diane! I enjoyed dinner tonight. It was so much fun talking about writing and seeing you again. Hugs. See you tomorrow at the meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Major Congrat's Carla! That's wonderful news. Doesn't it feel wonderful to finish. I'm real close and might be done tomorrow if I can keep my but in the chair! Proud of ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle. It's been such a relief. I told myself to take a break - I've written/finished three books in six months - but I don't want to paint, organize closets or go hiking, so I'm writing. That's fun when it's a new book. LOL!

    ReplyDelete