Friday, January 30, 2009

Heading For DC

Well, it's offical. I'm going to DC. When I first registered for the conference, I figured I would do so with the thought I would cancel if I don't get that special call, the GH one or THE CALL. Then several things fell into place and I believe I'll have a fun time there, no matter what happens. Though I'm keeping a positive attitude about it all.

When I went to my first and only national conference, I'd had major surgery only six weeks before and would tire so easily. So it probably colored a lot of what I felt about it. Plus I was so use to small conferences and how easy it was to talk with editors and agents. Hey, you're only competing with 75 to 200 people instead of 2000. Yeah, I know there's more editors and agents at National, but they also have clients/authors they're meeting with between workshops.

Okay. My first time to DC and I'm going to have FUN. See. Positive thinking.

2/1/09: Thanks to RWA for offering this conference!

2 comments:

  1. Yeppers. I'll be at your first "offical" booksigning and looking forward to it. I'm sure all your fans will want to know who taught you about puppets. LOL!

    ReplyDelete