Saturday, January 31, 2009

But...But...But I Thought of It First

I was reading another author's blog and she hinted at the book she's currently writing. When I was finished reading her blog, I wanted to scream, "But I thought of it first!" LOL!

As anyone who's been writing for a while knows, there are not original ideas out there. It's all in the execution. So what I have to do is make sure mine's well written and has a lot of action with plenty of twists and turns to make it interesting enough for an editor to buy. That's how so many people can write the same type of hero and heroine along with the same plot and still be different.
Now back to work...

2 comments:

  1. Laughing. Don't think about it! I know that's difficult, but there are no new ideas. Did you read the post by Charlaine Harris who wrote that she was planning on writing a book about a child raised by ghost in a graveyard and then she saw Neil Gaiman's book! Laughing. Everyone does this. It will be your story! Your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "there are no new ideas."

    Yeah, that's what I was saying. LOL!

    ReplyDelete