When I was little and a boy hit my arm or pinched me or later snapped my bra, my mom would say "He likes you." Well, I can tell you I never thought he liked me. I never equated that to anything resembling fondness. That was a boy not understanding his emotions and his mom or dad telling him it was okay to hit.
I told my girls it was never okay for a boy to hit them and for that matter, they weren't allowed to hit boys (or girls). Big no-no.
Why am I blogging about this? Something someone said today made me think about it and I felt the need to blog about it.
Boys used to snap my bra all the time in the 4th grade, and I can tell you that none of them liked me, they were just mean and rude. The boys that liked me were shy, and hardly ever talked to me, and never made eye contact, that's how I knew they liked me.
ReplyDeleteEven if by chance, a boy happens to hit a girl because he likes her, that still isn't a good reason to hit a girl or anyone, and someone needs to tell their parents that it's NOT ok, and to teach their kids some respect.
(Just saying :D)
-Jen
I understand and agree completely, Jen. That leads me to my next blog. :-)
ReplyDelete