Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Luxury Items?

With the cost of gas getting out of hand and the stock market reverting to percentages echoing 2001, people are cutting back on trips and avoiding buying big luxury items. Thus the car manufacturers' layoffs. I know I don't plan to buy a new car for at least three more years as my youngest is still in college. All my extra money is going to Jacksonville State. GO GAMECOCKS!

But will they cutback on their "home" entertainment? I don't think so. Since they're not traveling far, they will be going to the movies, renting DVDs, watching PPV and buying books. Yeah. I believe the economy will help sales, especially e-formats. Am I psychic? Heavens, no. I just know with the money I'll save in not traveling (I love to fly and I haven't been on a plane in over a year - longest time I haven't in, ohhhh, ten years), I'll spend on gas, groceries and books.

With Harry Potter's popularity, I believe the fans will look for similar books. Paranormal will stay strong.

Then again, I may be off my rocker. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment