No. Nothing wonderful has happened. I was just thinking about the bottle of wine a customer of mine sent to me a couple months ago. (Very sweet customers - how lucky can I be?) I sure would love to open it. It's very expensive. When I got the bottle I looked it up on the internet and was SO surprised. Yeah, yeah, probably was tacky doing that but my curiosity got the better of me.
Anyway, I hid the bottle so I would have something special to open when I got THE CALL. As in the call from an editor or the call from an agent saying she sold my book. Of course, I need an agent for the latter to work.
Well, the wine is a 1982 vintage and the rate I'm going it might hit the half century mark before I sell. See, I can be sort of optimistic. I did say sell.
No comments:
Post a Comment