Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Diet Is A Four Letter Word

Well, I guess this is it. No more donuts. No more chocolate. No more chips and salsa!!! I've made a financial committment to lose weight. You ask, "What does she mean by that?"

I went to the doctor and paid money to have him tell me how to lose weight. It includes pills of all sorts with a long list of the foods I can eat until I reach a certain goal. Something about getting all the sugar out of my system and making my body use fat instead. Considering how tight I am with money, there's no way I'll cheat.  Besides, I figure if I can get published (YEAH!!), I can lose the weight I've wanted to get rid of for so many years.

Of course, I know this won't be easy (sure hasn't been cheap), but I need to give it all my best.  Next year, I plan to be halfway decent looking. No more fat old lady.  I should be plus size old lady.  It took me 30+ years to get this heavy, no way can I expect to lose it all in one year.  I'm shooting for 70 lbs and then we'll see.

Wish me luck.  I plan to be around a long time and this is the best way to do it.