Friday, August 20, 2010

Smart People

It must be hard to be extremely smart as a child. That is, since you're so intelligent, they treat you like an adult and you fly through school. Then you graduate from college at a young age without ever really experiencing all the fun stuff we fondly think back on in our adult years.

But the really hard part is when you become an adult, let's say thirties/forties, and suddenly you realize there are a lot of smart adults and you're nothing special. You can't go around bragging that you graduated college at 16 or younger. Now you're old, nothing special, never experienced a true childhood and just plain o' smart.

Bless their hearts.

Wow, I'm happy that I was plain o' average as a child. Now? There are times I believe I'm smart. Usually when I'm driving. Well, that's another story for another day...