No pictures today, but instead I thought I would share a little of what I heard in the Spotlights. It appears historicals are making a comeback. Even in the workshop I went to yesterday with an agent and editor said the same thing. But mostly they want anything. The words "Romantic Suspense" didn't come up much. They mentioned mixing genres. For example, Grand Central bought (and already published last year I think) a vampire, funny cozy mystery.
I went to three spotlights (Harlequin Single Title, Kensington, and Grand Central) and of the three, I liked Kensington the most. Of course, I'm a little bias as they have a full of mine.
Why did I like Kensington best? Because they talked about how they work with authors to promote their book. They encourage their authors to blog and have websites. They're really into the technology people in their 30's and younger take for granted. Since I love doing all of that, what they said was right up my alley. Plus I've already started my own emailing list.
Good info, Carla! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat has been your favorite part so far?
The awards ceremony. It was awesome.
ReplyDelete