Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Full Circle

Lately, I've noticed more homeless people. With the way everything is, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But so sad. The last time I saw so many was in the 1980's.

On the way home, I passed this one tall, lanky fellow who was walking along a bridge on the interstate. The section was so dangerous. The traffic was going sixty to eighty miles an hour within inches of him. Alongside him was a dog on a leash and the man made sure the dog walked opposite from the traffic. It proved he loved that dog, protecting it like he did. The dog was a brindled color and matched the man's dirty skin and clothes perfectly. On the man's back was a cardboard sign that read ATL. It's a three hour drive to Atlanta. So he probably won't reach there until, heavens, I have no idea. Tomorrow morning? That is, unless he gets a ride.

Well, I hope he makes it safe there with his dog.

3 comments: