Thursday, July 2, 2009

Book Stores

Like libraries, I love book stores. Big or small. Just having all those books surrounding me is a wonderful feeling.

Today, my boss let us off early and what did I do? You guessed it. I walked into Books-a-Million (such a great name) and took my time looking at every cover in the romance section. I sure wish the set up was similiar to years ago. The romance section was broken up between contemporary and historical. I was in the mood for a good medieval, but it got crazy trying to figure out the historicals. They pack them all in one aisle and almost all are spine out.

Anyway, I found one contemporary (Victoria Dahl's newest), two paranormals, and one historical. No. The historical wasn't a medieval. Drats. But one set in 1762.

Oh, speaking of book stores. Every time I go in one and someone walks into the romance aisle with me, I can't stop myself. I do one of two things: Tell them about our readers luncheon in November or tell them about our meetings. Well, today, I did both. In the aisle I told a lady who loves Julia Quinn about our Readers Luncheon and at the checkout counter told the cashier about our monthly meetings. LOL!

As I've said before, I'm not shy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I did. So much fun checking out the compet...other romance authors. LOL!

    ReplyDelete