Yesterday's post reminded me of something that happened to me at the Atlanta RWA National Conference in 2006. Hopefully I'm not repeating myself.
I was in the elevator going to my room and as usual at a conference, it was crammed full of writers. In the middle were two ladies who had their badges covered. Editors or agents? They're so afraid of being attacked by hungry writers. LOL!
Me, being my shy self (NOT!), remarked on their badges being hidden. Thankfully the ladies were good natured and one said, "Oh, no, it just got turned around." Everyone laughed. I can't remember what I said next, but the agent responded, "We like everything about Southern writers," and she gave me her business card.
Then my cell phone went off.
At that time, the music on my phone was Gnarls Barkley's Crazy. So everyone heard, "Does that make me crazy! Does that make me crazy!" I said, "Oh, that's my husband." I didn't answer. Everyone cracked up. I started dancing (moving my hips and bobbing my head was the extent) with the music and then the agents joined in, then eveyone else. We all danced off the elevator to my cell phone music. It was so cool.
After the conference, I sent her a query with three chapters and mentioned the elevator. She rejected me, but hey, I got an answer in about sixty days and she said she remembered the incident.
It was worth a shot.
LOL That's such a cute story.
ReplyDeleteI love your stories :D
Bummer on the rejection though.
And thanks for the hugs, btw. :)
Thanks, sweetheart. You deserve lots of hugs.
ReplyDelete