I sent out a query email last Friday to an editor I met a couple years ago. I received an answer this morning. He asked for the full!
So I'm checking the manuscript one more time and making some changes. Hopefully I can speed up the action in the beginning by moving and rewriting a scene to a different spot. It should work.
You know how it is. You work and work on a manuscript until you want to scream. You decide to send out queries and if someone wants to give it a look, you THEN do the final tweaking you know it needs. It gives you the drive to be excited about the book again. So I'm giving myself one week and then off it goes!
Yeah, yeah. I know. There's a chance he'll reject it, but it won't be because I didn't try to improve the book one more time.
Boy, oh, boy, I'm so excited. It's with a publishing house I would love to be part of. Of course I would. Duh!
Congrats, girl!!!!
ReplyDelete:-)
I'm excited for you, Carla.
ReplyDeleteGreat news - congratulations.
:-)
Thanks, JoAnn and Suzanne!
ReplyDelete