Friday, June 12, 2009

Salary Isn't All It's Cracked Up To Be

I have only one credit card and they're going up to a ridiculously amount of interest. So I'm cancelling that one and getting a new one from my company's credit union. Before filling out the paperwork, I decided to give the fine print a look-see. It's pretty much like all other credit card terms including the 25 day grace period on new purchases. The only thing about that is I'm paid only once a month. Unless I purchase something the last couple weeks of the billing month, I'll miss out paying before interest is applied.

There are a lot of drawbacks to being paid once a month. 1)More taxes are cut per month out the the check 2) you have to learn to spread your money (gas, groceries, etc.) throughout the month. 3) If stores still do layaways, no can do as they're usually only good for 30 days or less with payments due once a week. 4) you only receive 12 checks the whole year.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I should be happy I have a job and I am. But I'm allowed to fuss about how most everything is set up for those people who get paid weekly, bi-weekly and twice a month. :-) You would think I'd be use to it by now. I've been getting paid this way for more years than I like to count. Can you tell I'm paying my bills?

4 comments:

  1. I'm self-employed and the only thing I miss about not being an employee is the regular pay packet - sometimes clients hang onto my cheques for months (but like you I'm still glad to be in work). Ideally, I'd like to be paid every day - but guess that's just a mad dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paid every day? Oh, yeah, that's a wonderful dream. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I could make it getting paid once a month! Hope you had a good time in Cullman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia, it's hard.

    Cullman was fun but would've been more so if you had been there.

    ReplyDelete