While eating dinner, my hubby was watching a NASCAR special on TV. Something stood out in every interview. Each of the drivers had confidence in what they did. That's not saying they were arrogant, though some acted like it. But they understood to get where they were in The Cup, they had to believe in their talent.
I know you have to believe in the possibility you can reach your goal before you can feel that confidence. So here's to believing!
At a writer's retreat I went to years ago, one participant brought star-shaped ornaments for each person. They were white and half had the word "dream" written on them in gold, and the other half had "believe." I chose believe -- I have no problems dreaming. It's the believing that seems impossible.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I saw a little plaque in a gift catalog that said "What things would you accomplish if you knew you would not fail?" I couldn't afford to buy it, but I've always remembered that question.
So true, Carla. It makes such a difference if you can believe in and visualise the desired result.
ReplyDeleteJoAnn, that's so profound. That really gets you to thinking. Wow.
ReplyDeleteSuzanne, funny you say that. I've always been afraid to visualize (our side of the pond way of spelling it. LOL!) anything good happening to me because I thought I would never get it. But, I've been trying to defeat that attitude. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDelete