Wednesday, April 18, 2012

For Your Listening Pleasure

Sometimes I enjoy listening to old tunes. Such as Joe Crocker, The Animals, The Beatles, Janis Joplin, Grand Funk Railroad (from my pre-teens and early teens) and Uriah Heep, Pink Floyd, Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, Marshall Tucker Band, Nazareth, Elton John (Yellowbrick Road days), Lynyrd Skynyrd  and many others that bring memories back of my youth (later teens and early twenties), even those from the 80s that I look fondly on because my kids were little and they were fun. Think Billy Idol. But I’m not like some people my age who only listen to ‘oldies but goldies.’ I prefer the more current ones for my daily listening pleasure.  If I listen to old tunes all the time, I start feeling so depressed.  You know, time flying by and all that.

So nowadays I listen to Nickelback, Gotye, Lady GaGa, Kings of Leon, Threes Doors Down, Adele, Train, Kelly Clarkson, and so many more.