Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mish-Mash

Like most Saturdays, I went shopping for the odds and ends I need at home. It was a beautiful day. Blue skies. In the low 90s. Since I've lost so much weight, walking isn't a hardship and I don't wear out so quickly.  It's amazing how your out look can change when get in better health. I can't wait until next year. More pounds should be off and hopefully I'll be at my goal a few months before I leave for Anaheim (RWA conference) in July.  I even bought a blouse today a size smaller than normal. Wonderful.

The little town I live in, you would think I would come across people I know all the time. Nope. But everyone I passed smiled back. I believe everyone was ready for the slightly cooler weather and gorgeous day.

Yesterday, my youngest daughter (Y) brought over her boyfriend. He's such a cutie and so polite. Plus I found out he reads! You know what I mean. Of course, all of her boyfriends in the past could read words. I'm talking about he picks up books and reads them and enjoys doing it. He named off a few authors he likes. Of course, most of them I've never heard of as they're not romance authors, but I know my smile got bigger and bigger. Then Y said, "I think Mom is in love with you."  She's so funny. How could she tell?  LOL!

The next two weekends should be rather busy. Saturday my writers group is having a full day workshop, LAW AND ORDER FOR THE WRITER.   To see the line up, go to http://www.southernmagic.org/programs.html. You will be impressed. It's going to be fantastic.  Heather Leonard is awesome! http://magiccitywriting.blogspot.com/ She set up the whole thing.

Then the first weekend of October, I plan to drive to Atlanta to see several people at a book signing.  1) Sherrilyn Kenyon. I owe that lady so much.  Love her. 2) Her assistant, Kim. She's such a sweetheart. 3) Nicki Salcedo. The woman is marveleous! And my lovely chapter mates: Heather, Christine and Mary.

Hoping you're having a wonderful day.