Saturday, May 9, 2009

Synopses

Synopses looks like a word for a disease, doesn't it? I still haven't figured out how to make a synopsis exciting to read. Maybe that gives a clue to how poor of a writer I am. At the same time, I can't stand reading other people's synopses. I get blurry eyed as soon as I start.

Maybe it's all in my head. LOL! I crack myself up. Too funny.

4 comments:

  1. I loathe the entire synopsis writing process - probably because I'm rubbish at it.

    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzanne. It's nice to know I'm not alone. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, I don't know why we have to have really good synopses. Why can't we just say

    Characters: Susie, a schoolteacher. Fred, an auto mechanic.
    Plot: They meet when he comes to fix her broken down car.
    Conflict: Years ago, he was seduced by his high school teacher.
    Resolution: She teaches elementary school, so it's okay.

    They live happily ever after.

    Now, wouldn't you want to read this book? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, if only it was so simple. LOL!

    ReplyDelete