Thinking yesterday about my family's place at the lake reminded me how we would always stop at the store next to Big Bridge. It always felt like Dad would stay inside forever. There was the water and my body couldn't wait to get in it. When I asked Mom why Dad took so long, she would say, "He's shooting the bull." Oddly, though I envisioned Dad with a rifle shooting a bull, I still knew what she was telling me. He was talking to the storekeeper and getting all the gossip.
Humph! And they say women are gossips. Too funny.
Time used to pass so slowly when there was something to look forward to as a child and yet - as you said in your last post - it's slipping by so quickly now. Scary stuff.
ReplyDelete:-)
Yeah, I remember thinking I would never reach an age to be an adult and then boom! I've been one for ages.
ReplyDelete