Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Something To Think About

Whenever someone has a bad experience with a contest, luncheon or anything to do with a (RWA) chapter, did you know that person will tell at the least ten people about it? But if that same person had a good experience, she would tell one, maybe two tops.

It's certainly something to think about. That's why when I was on my writers' group board and the coordinator for our unpublished contest, I made sure anytime anyone complained I responded and solved the complaint in the quickest manner possible. If a person doesn't have to dwell on the bad things, they're more apt to remember how nice you were in taking care of them and will forgive the group/person faster.

Thus the same reason my bosses at my day job likes me. LOL!

Addition: OH! I almost forgot. I won a book at Christy Reece's blog today. Too cool! She's going to have another contest before long, so check it out at here.

4 comments:

  1. Not exactly the same thing, but along the same lines:

    For several years, I have made only one New Year's Resolution: To write letters or e-mails to businesses or individuals who go out of their way to be nice. Amazingly, I'm able to keep that resolution a lot longer than the ones I used to make about losing weight.

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problems will happen - but the measure of an organisation is how efficiently they solve those problems. Good customer service goes a long way.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good one to keep and a lot easier than the other one. I certainly understand. LOL!

    I know at my job we rarely get letters about the good things we do.

    ReplyDelete