I know I have an obsession with writing and reading romance as many of my friends do. And I understand there are many people who are obsessed with sports: football, baseball, basketball, soccer (called football everywhere else in the world) and golf. Yes. That little white ball that's hit from yards away to a little cup in a smooth, very green area.
Across the street from my house is the second hole for one of the local golf courses. None of my immediate family were golfers. So I was rather shocked to learn how crazy these people were for their sport. My first Saturday morning in this house, I kept hearing the buzzing sound of the golf carts running along side the road. Nothing really wrong with the slight buzz except it started at six a.m. I peeked out the window that morning thinking, "Are they nuts?"
Then the first rainy Saturday. Ahhh! Peace and quiet. I can sleep late. NO! There was the buzzing again. At 6 a.m.! They held umbrellas over each other and most rode in the carts to keep the rain off.
Later the temperature dropped into the thirties, below freezing. Ahh! This is going to be nice. NO! There they were in the carts with plastic hanging down the sides, towels wrapped around their heads and over their noses. Are they freaking kidding me?
It took only one year for me to realize only high winds (like hurricane five type) and temperature in the single digits will keep them away in the mornings and evenings. That's right. Come the afternoon, no matter the weather, they're there. LOL!
LOL! We golfers are a bit insane. But it really is so much fun to chase a little white ball all over the place. You should try it sometime!
ReplyDeleteMichelle
It's safer for everyone for me to stick to putt-putt. LOL!
ReplyDelete