Monday, December 1, 2008

Audio Books

Over the years, I've bought a few audio books. Only one was a romance, most were self-help. I prefer holding a book and reading it with different voices in my head. Admit it. You do the same thing.

Well, a few months ago, Karen Marie Moning's newsletter provided an opportunity for fans to download free on iTunes the first FEVER book via PodCast in installments. LOVED IT! I've listened to it twice. The series is wonderful and listening to it on my iPod was so much fun. I even exercised to it. Hard to believe considering how much I hate exercising, but the installments were in roughly 20 minute segments and matched the length of time I'm on the treadmill. Each day I couldn't wait to hear the next installment. It was like having a carrot on the treadmill.

Since I finished the PodCast twice, I've slacked off the treadmill. It's not the same without a book. I've used music of all types. Still not the same. So I bought an audio book off iTunes yesterday. Lisa Kleypas's A WALLFLOWER CHRISTMAS. I can't wait to exercise tonight. LOL!

Sides notes: The woman narrating Karen's book was okay but when she did the male parts, her deep voice was irritating and all the men sounded alike. Of course, I'm sure she did better than I ever could. I would've bought the next two audio books in Karen's series, but they were over twenty dollars each. Too pricey for books I've already read (in hardback no less) and still had on my bookself.

No comments:

Post a Comment