Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back

Well, this was my first year not being on Southern Magic's board of directors and it has been so productive. During the previous five years, I finished only two books, but started probably around ten. But as I said, I'm now talking about 2008. So here's my list of accomplishments.

1) Completed three books.
2) Was a finalist in two contests: Maggies & Golden Gateway
3) Have a partial request from an editor in one of the contests. (Going into the mail Saturday.)
4) Attended three conferences: Written in the Stars, Shreveport, LA; Silken Sands, Pensacola, FL; and Moonlight and Magnolias, Norcross, GA.
5) Met with editor who placed my entry at first place in a contest last year and who had requested a full. (Though later rejected.)
6) Two editors recognize me on sight. (I hope this is a good thing. They always smile real big when they see me, so I hope so.)
7) Received rejections from two agents. One was a query and another was a partial. Believe it or not this is an accomplishment. It means I'm working it. Next year I plan to ratchet up.
8) Entered the Golden Heart.

I believe I'm on the right track now and believe 2009 will be the year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment