Monday, November 5, 2012

The Goodreads Folks

Hey, did you know that I'm on Goodreads?  So be sure to come by and friend me there too. So many places for so many things. But I do like the concept of Goodreads more than any other social network. I love talking about books that I read and write. Though being an author, I believe it's best that I not review or rank a book. You ask why?

Who will trust my review or ranking? Sure close friends and family would. They know I'm honest about such stuff. But I'm sure there are people who would wonder, when I give a five star ranking, if I'm buttering up a friend. Or when I give someone a one star, could it be from jealously? Of course, I wouldn't do either of those, but strangers wouldn't know for sure. So no reviews or rankings from me, and in turn, less stress for me.

Oh, yeah. Be on the look out for a giveaway of my next book there. I'll probably set it up this weekend. It's been so crazy for months now that I haven't made time to do it. For that matter, I think crazy has become the norm around here.