Sunday, August 26, 2012

In The Midst Of Things

I thought I would stop for a little while and list the things that have happened that have interfered (good and bad) with my completed book and edit deadline.

1) Three family birthdays (not all mine)
2) Three holidays (3rd one coming up - family functions)
3) One release day for new book
4) One week of blog tour
5) Eight posts to write
6) One laptop died
7) One repaired laptop not working correctly
8) One pregnant daughter moving into a new house
9) One grandchild born three weeks early
10) One writers' conference
11) One day wasted in the Houston Airport (stoopid United)
12) One new laptop bought and software to learn.
13) One younger daughter moving back into our home (stoopid boyfriend)
14) One day-job with the usual summer pick-up of hours/overtime
15) One writers' group meeting

If I think of more, I'll add them. Though I have to say, I hope and pray that nothing else happens. My car is acting up, but that shouldn't interfere in my writing. I'm hoping it lasts until payday at the end of the month. *sigh*

Is someone trying to tell me I shouldn't be writing? Or is it a test to see how much I want this? I believe it's the second one, and this time I'll win.