Friday, August 3, 2012

Tattoos

A couple of the guys in The Circle series have tattoos. Personally, I don't have any, but my daughters, sister, and son-in-law do. In moderation, I don't have a problem with them. It's when they're all over the face, down both arms, and...and...let's say a private part of the body. 

In my current book, I considered letting the hero have a tatoo in that area. After investigating it on line (my filter is turned off), I decided it was too grossing. Plus I didn't want my hero to wait 3-4 weeks for it to heal before he could have fun with the heroine. My books are pretty fast-pace and usually cover only a few weeks. Circle of Desire was an exception as it covered around six months.

So now he'll have one near the groin and it will be cool. It will give a clue to the hero's state of mind.